Designed for practicing nurses. Further your career and prepare for leadership or management positions in the healthcare industry.
A Quality Education
As a traditional nonprofit institution, Eastern University enjoys a long heritage of offering students a high-quality education since 1925.
Convenient and non-residential model with no required class or login times allows for individualized planning.
Complete coursework anywhere, anytime without ever having to come to campus. Build upon core nursing skills while earning a degree to advance your career.
There are six entry points per year and the next start date is 8/29/2016.
Caring faculty and small class sizes allow you to develop career-advancing networks that last long after graduation.
Attend full-time and complete the program in just over one year.
Or, attend part-time as needed for a healthy work/life balance.
Meet the Demand for a Highly Skilled Workforce
According to the American Nurses Association, approximately 555,000 nurses are expected to retire in the next 15 years. Hospitals will need experienced nurses with advanced skills to provide quality treatment. At Eastern University, we inspire you to Wake Up The World and acquire the core nursing skills you need to transform how healthcare is delivered.
RN To BSN Curriculum
- 121-124 total credits.
- 70 credits awarded for associate/diploma and valid RN license.
- 30 credits in the nursing major.
- 9-12 credits for general education.
- 15 credits for professional development courses/credits (submitted as needed).
Program of Study
- NURS 301 Health Care Informatics 3 credits
- NURS 215 Scholarly Writing in Nursing 3 credits
- NURS 210 Health Care Ethics and Christian Nursing 3 credits
- Clinical Application Experience: Evidence of ANA Ethical Code in a Clinical Practice Setting (4 hours)
- NURS 307 Holistic/Integrative Nursing and Health Promotion 3 credits
- Clinical Application Experience: Psychosocial/Spiritual/Cultural Assessment and Plan (6 hours)
- Clinical Application Experience: Holistic Self-Care Assessment and Care Plan (6 hours)
- NURS 305 Physical Assessment 3 credits
- Clinical Application Experience: History, Review of Systems and Physical Assessment with Needs List (4 hours)
- NURS 401 Population Focused Nursing: A Global Approach 3 credits
- Clinical Application Experience: Community Assessment (8 hours)
- NURS 404 Nursing Research 3 credits
- NURS 402 Leadership in Nursing Practice 3 credits
- Clinical Application Experience: Interview with Clinical Leader (4 hours)
- NURS 405 Senior Seminar 3 credits
- Clinical Application Experience: Evidence-Based Practice Project (8 hours)
- NURS 480 Nursing Capstone: The Art of Nursing 3 credits
- Clinical Application Experience: IHI Shadowing Experience (6 hours)
Total Clinical Hours Embedded throughout the RN-BSN Program = 46 hours General Education
- BIBL 100 Biblical Word in Contemporary Context 3 credits (core)
- MATH 220 Statistics for the Social & Behavioral Sciences 3 credits (if not previously taken)
- INST 271 Justice in Caring for Vulnerable Populations 3 credits (core)
- HIST 160-161 Western Civilization 3 credits (core)