This degree was designed to provide a pathway for Registered Nurses (RNs) to earn a bachelor’s degree in nursing. RNs who have graduated from a state or nationally accredited associate degree or diploma- nursing program are eligible and may transfer a block of credits to expedite their progress toward this degree. This program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
What Can I Do with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Option for Registered Nurses?
The high-tech world of healthcare will always be driven by the human heart. If a gifted nurse has helped you, you know that one person truly can make a difference. What you may not know is that nurses outnumber all other healthcare practitioners. And the demand grows. This program builds on skills acquired through a diploma or associate degree program. Courses are delivered online and through clinical projects completed in your community.
Note: If you want to major in Nursing, you must apply and be accepted to the School of Nursing's program in addition to being admitted to the university, as well as have a current Arizona nursing license.
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- Emergency medicine
- Family nursing
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- Nurse practitioner
- Certified nurse midwife
- Hospital administration
- Nurse anesthetist
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's liberal studies, diversity, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.