The course aims to provide training necessary to:
- Participation in the management of services, units or health facilities;
- Participation in the training of nurses and other health professionals;
- Participation and development of research within the framework of its powers.
The organization of the course conforms to the requirements of Regulation No. 348/2008 of July 1, which establishes the principles governing the application of the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS - European Credit Transfer System) to the training provided by the Polytechnic Institute Viseu.
Duration of the course:
- The course lasts four academic years.
- Each academic year lasts an average of 36 weeks of actual teaching, not including the time of exams and holidays.
- Each academic year consists of a theoretical component, theoretical / practical and clinical training component (stage). The course is organized into semesters, each of which contains 18 weeks of school activities.
- The course load is 6696 hours, corresponding to 240 ECTS.
- The timing of the theoretical teaching, including the monograph, is 66.5% of the total workload, corresponding to 4456 hours, of these, 2265 hours correspond to student work.
- The duration of clinical education is 33.5% of the total workload, corresponding to 2240 hours.
- The school holidays are established in accordance with the general guidelines of higher education, taking into account the specificities of the nursing education.
About the School
A Escola Superior de Saúde de Viseu é uma Instituição de Ensino Superior Público integrada no Instituto Politécnico de Viseu, dotada de personalidade jurídica e de autonomia administrativa, financeira ... Read More