The Master of Health Science (MHS) in Health Care Education mission is to prepare existing healthcare professionals to be effective teachers and leaders who are capable of serving diverse learners within healthcare organizations and allied health degree programs. The MHS program is designed to provide small cohorts instruction in 8-week classes, one subject at a time, allowing full-time health care professionals to complete their master's degree while working full-time. Cohorts begin each fall. The program is fully online and asynchronous.
MHS Admission Criteria
To be eligible for the MHS program, you must have 1. Completed a Bachelor's degree and 2 years professional work experience in a healthcare environment. Professional experience includes, but is not limited to:
- Healthcare administration
- Health information technology
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Respiratory Therapist
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Radiologic Technologist
- Dental Hygienist
2. Achieved a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale for the last 60 hours from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning. Under no circumstances will academic credit be awarded for life experiences.
3. Licensed/credentialed in a healthcare specialty and provide documentation.
Our program is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Washburn University is able to offer distance learning programs in a number of states through our membership in SARA -- the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. SARA is a voluntary agreement among its member states and U.S. territories that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs. Under the current agreement, Washburn is authorized to offer programs in all states except California, Florida, and Massachusetts which are not members of SARA.
About the School
Washburn University is a public institution with more than 7,500 students and 1,000 faculty and staff involved in more than 200 academic programs. Our programs lead to certification, associate's, bach ... Read More