- Modality : mixed
- Beginning : October
- Duration : 1 academic year
- ECTS Credits : 60
- Director : Juana Mulero Cánovas
Changes in lifestyle and increased longevity have increased morbidity and mortality figures for chronic diseases such as obesity, diabetes mellitus, hyperlipidaemia, high blood pressure, osteoporosis.
The treatment of these diseases not only requires pharmacological therapy, but also nutritional therapy. This necessitates the specialized training of health professionals in the development of nutritional therapies as part of a comprehensive treatment of patients.
Research in basic nutrition is the mainstay on which applied nutrition is based. Researchers in clinical nutrition are more and more; A necessary figure in hospital centers where different types of diets and artificial nutrition formulas are tested.
The test and the prescription of therapeutic diets applied to different pathologies need the direction and supervision of researchers able to design the composition of the diet, to guide the duration of the same and to evaluate and to disseminate to the scientific community the results observed in the evolution of the Disease of the patient.
The main objective of this Master is to train professionals in Biomedical Sciences in all aspects related to Human Nutrition and, more specifically, in the study of the causes of malnutrition associated with various pathological alterations and their nutritional treatment.
The different types of artificial nutrition, possible drug-nutrient interactions, as well as the cellular, molecular and genetic aspects that determine the use of nutrients and other bioactive components of foods are studied.
Access from directly linked qualifications:
- Graduates and graduates in Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- Pharmacy graduates *
- Graduates in Medicine *
- Graduates and graduates in Nursing *
Access from related qualifications *:
- Degree in Veterinary Medicine
- Degree in Biology
- Degree in Chemistry
- Degree in Biochemistry
- Graduates and graduates in Food Science and Technology
* The completion of a Master's Degree in Clinical Nutrition by these professionals will not train them for the Clinical Nutrition consultation, but to carry out research in this field.
- Professional member of the Hospital Nutrition Units.
- Basic and Applied Research in University Centers, Research Centers, Pharmaceutical Industry, Food Industry.
- Clinical Nutrition Consultation.
- I. Nutrition in different pathologies
- II. Nutrition in endocrine-metabolic diseases and artificial nutrition
- III. Nutritional care (professional itinerary) *
- IV. Methodology for research, development and innovation in food sciences and nutrigenomics (research itinerary) *
- V. Practicum and final master's work
* Choose an itinerary
About the School
La Universidad Católica San Antonio - UCAM, como universidad católica, se caracteriza por ofrecer a sus alumnos una formación integral, basada en los conocimientos teóricos y técnicos específicos de c ... Read More