Executive Master in Digital Healthcare Barcelona Technology School
The introduction of digital disruptions are reshaping healthcare services, improving citizens quality of life but also optimizing the way in which we manage public and private health ecosystems.
The main aim of our interdisciplinary Executive Master in Digital Health is to build a digital health workforce to bridge the current knowledge gap between health and technology in order to address the health-related societal challenges throughout the development and implementation of evidence-based digital solutions.
Health and social care systems, insurers, service providers, pharmaceutical companies and the broad range of stakeholders that are part of the health ecosystem need to adapt and embrace emerging disruptive technologies in order to gain competitiveness, create new business models or simply ensure the sustainability of the system.
What will I learn?
The Executive Master in Digital Health will provide with the necessary tools, methods, legal framework and technological expertise of the health ecosystem in order to develop and implement patient-centric solutions which address societal needs while developing new business opportunities.
This programme of study is aimed at students who have a degree in Health Sciences, Engineering, Life Sciences or Mathematics and who would like to develop their professional career in this field.
The program allows participants to continue working full-time while pursuing the degree, and to interact with peers from across the globe.
Diverse student groups at BTS reflect the industry demand for talent
Professionals with different backgrounds will share unique experience and exchange the ideas.
You will meet with the most passionate professionals and will build a solid network of industry leaders.
Be in the spearhead of change in any enterprise. Analyze and manage projects with the most efficient methods.
Health and social care systems
- The healthcare ecosystem and value chain
- Organisation (planning, allocation of resources, provision)
- Health and social care models
- Care delivery models
- Developing Chronic Care and Integrated Care models for people with complex conditions
- Quality assessment
- Healthcare Centre Management
- Public health strategy
- Health and society
- Healthcare reform and public health challenges
- Public health research
- Economic appraisal
- Grand societal challenges
Health and care information technologies
- Fundamental concepts
- Legacy systems in healthcare
- Information systems in social care
- Standards and interoperability
- Conceptual framework in medical documentation
- Medical devices, wearables and sensors
- Adoption and maturity models
- ICT strategic planning and key technologies and architectures
Digital Transformation in healthcare
- The context of the 4th industrial revolution and the VUCA world
- Disruptive technologies
- Artificial Intelligence
- Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and Mixed Reality
- Persuasive technologies and behaviour change
- Digital transformation
- Digital transformation in the healthcare industry
- Digital transformation methodologies
- Harnessing the power of data
- Data governance
- Secondary usage of data
- Business intelligence
- AI techniques (predictive modelling, NLP, etc.)
- Clinical Decision Support Software
- Integrating multiple sources of data
Innovation in digital health
- Discovering framework
- Ideation & validation processes
- Types and levels of innovation
- Management of the innovation portfolio
- Innovative organizations
- Ethical principles in innovation with human subjects
- Generating evidence
- Publication of results
- Evaluation frameworks
Introduction to implementation science
- Implementation science fundamentals
- Theory, methods and frameworks
- Barriers and facilitators of digital health implementation
- Design, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
Management and leadership
- Project management
- Project planning, execution and monitoring
- Agile methodologies
- Change management
- Financial basics
- Digital culture
- Managing digital talent
- Ethical considerations in health care
- Data privacy
- Patents and rights
- Confidentiality, integrity and availability
- Legal frameworks
- App as a medical device
- Regulation of Drug Development
Digital Health entrepreneurship
- Lean startup
- Funding sources
- Health care business models
- Digital health hubs
- From an idea to market
- Corporate Venturing
During the program students have to work on a final project aimed at developing a digital transformation strategy for a healthcare or pharma institution that wants to operate successfully in digital environments.