MD (Medical Doctor) Program
USD 6,000 / per year
Earliest start date
19 Feb 2024
The aim of the “Medical Doctor“s” Programme: is to prepare Medical Doctors who are competitive in the local and international market, highly qualified, morally grounded, with appropriate competencies, who will be able to satisfy the educational requirements of an open society, which facilitates implementation of the CU”s general mission: to graduate competitive, highly qualified, morally grounded graduates who are faithful to democratic values and principles of democracy.
The educational program is focused on the standards of Medical Education of the World Federation (WFME).
The program provides the development of such practical/clinical abilities and way of thinking which is essential for a successful professional activity and post-diploma lifelong education.
- Medical doctor (MD)
- Academic year: depends on the performance of a student. Totally 360 credits, maximum 75 credits per year
One-cycle educational programme “Medical Doctor” is learner-centered, designed in the ECTS credit system and based on a student workload necessary for achievement of the programme learning outcomes.
The programme comprises 360 ECTS. 60 ECTS per year; 30 ECTS per semester. Accordingly the duration of the programme is 6 years/12 semesters. Each academic year consists of two semesters – Fall and Spring; each semester comprises 19 weeks; hence, each academic year is scheduled for 38 weeks.
Individual workload allows less than 60 credits per year but no more than 75.
One ECTS equals 25 Credit hours, which includes contact hours (classes, seminars, practicals, etc.) as well as independent hours of work.
The program consists of:
- Mandatory courses – 346 (ECTS), among them:
- Integrated Modules - 60 (ECTS)
- Basic/Preclinical courses - 82 (ECTS)
- Clinical courses - 173 (ECTS)
- Clinical Internship – 14 (ECTS)
- Scientific skills - 17 (ECTS)
- Elective courses (14 ECTS)
- To give international standard education of evidence based medicine which is indispensable for practical medical work;
- To provide the graduates with education in basic, clinical, behavioral, and social sciences necessary for practical
- activities in the field of medicine.
- To generate motivation for continuous medical education (LLL) and professional development.
- To gain the knowledge of legislative basics of the health care system;
- To acquire clinical and communication (with the patient, her family, colleagues and other representatives of the health care) skills and patient-centered competencies.
To acquire values of Medical Ethics (sense of respect for patients, taking into consideration their interests despite their social, cultural, religious, and ethical background; work with professional ethics).