Master in Periodontology International University of Catalonia
The advanced training course in periodontology is designed to train dental professionals to be specialists in the field of periodontics and implantology. This programme will prepare these professionals for clinical practice, academic teaching, and research in periodontics.
The programme consists of a theoretical programme that covers the clinical aspects of periodontics and includes seminars to review and analyse current and classic literature on periodontics, joint seminars on prosthodontics and periodontics, seminars on the interrelationship between periodontics and other dental specialities, presentations on clinical cases in periodontics, and joint clinical cases alongside other dental specialities. The practical side of the course includes treating all kinds patients with periodontal diseases, from basic treatments to periodontal and mucogingival surgery and implantology. Students will also be required to conduct a periodontal research project focusing on clinical issues and/or laboratory aspects, over the course of the three year programme.
The postgraduate program in Periodontology is accredited by the European Federation of Periodontology (EFP)
The Master’s in Periodontology is a full-time 3-year postgraduate programme accredited by the European Federation of Periodontology (EFP), designed to train dentists in the specialised fields of periodontology and implantology. This programme prepares students to supervise clinical treatments, as well as how to teach and carry out research in surgical and periodontal implant dentistry. The course includes a theoretical module that covers clinical subjects related to periodontics, seminars that review and analyse contemporary and classic literature, courses on surgical and periodontal implantology, the relationship between periodontics and other specialised areas of dentistry, a study of clinical cases in periodontics, and clinical cases related to other areas of dental specialisation. During the practical part of this course students will receive training in all types of periodontal treatment and will carry out an individual research project in the area of periodontics and implantology.
In order to study this Master’s course, students must bring the following equipment:
- A digital reflex camera with 105 mm focal length and ring flash.
- Laptop or computer access (USB, etc.).
- Surgical instruments (as recommended by the department)
- Professional magnifying lenses (minimum: 2.5X)
- Rotary instruments: dental turbine, adapter(*), contra-angle, handpiece and micromotor.
- Surgical box (once the lectures start the Company Hu-Friedy offers its product in case you are interested in).
- Phosphor imaging plates for X-rays
*The model and compatibility of the adapter is pending confirmation.
To access the CUO, the student must bring:
- Personal protection face screen
- Full protection glasses, except in the case of wearing corrective glasses or magnifying glasses. In this case the full protection glasses are not necessary. All other material of special protection will be provided by the clinic.