Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Health Analytics
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
USD 37,620 / per year *
Earliest start date
* the cost per credit hour is $1,380
If you are interested in working at the intersection of data science and healthcare, two rapidly growing areas, then consider this four-year, full-time program on the Boston campus. The rigorous curriculum will cover data science fundamentals such as statistical modeling, analytics, data management, and data manipulation in addition to introducing you to unique challenges and practices of the healthcare industry.
At MCPHS, students learn from and with peers studying a variety of distinct, yet related disciplines, providing unique opportunities for collaboration—including through hackathons—that will position you for success. The final year of the program includes a practical experience at a health or life sciences company in the Boston area, a global hub for innovation in the sector. Graduates will be ready to transform healthcare through programming, data representation, and applied machine learning.
Scholarships and Funding
MCPHS aspires to enroll students with outstanding ability, academic promise, and a passion for healthcare. We recognize that a college education is one of the most important investments a student will make in their lifetime. To this end, our merit award program helps put an MCPHS education within reach of qualified first-year applicants. It is not necessary to submit a separate application for consideration; all applicants will be reviewed for merit at the time of acceptance.
MCPHS Award (Need based)
The University provides need-based scholarships to students with demonstrated financial need as determined by their FAFSA application.
Explore your local community (rotary clubs, businesses, high school, etc.) for scholarship opportunities to assist with the cost of your education. All scholarship awards from outside establishments are required to be reported to the Office of Student Financial Services.
With this bachelor’s degree, you will be prepared to begin a career in data science. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median salary for a data scientist is more than $100,000, with professionals in the field in high demand. Our program provides you with foundational knowledge, communication skills, and practical experience to succeed in entry-level positions—including data analyst roles—at a variety of organizations.
- master calculus
- learn the fundamentals of data science
- study biology and become familiar with medical terminology
- gain an understanding of the connections between healthcare and the humanities
- delve into statistics
- acquire foundational knowledge of databases and programming
- study chemistry
- learn about healthcare business and enhance communication skills
- study biostatistics
- deepen your subject knowledge with courses on topics such as Python, SAS programming, and natural language processing
- learn and practice research methods
- explore the evolution of healthcare and study healthcare ethics
- continue to learn about facets of data science such as machine learning and AI
- complete a practical experience at a health or life sciences company in the Boston area
- round out your training by studying organizational psychology and other topics that will help you thrive in a real-world setting
Program Tuition Fee
This program prepares you for a career in a growing field within the healthcare industry, where organizations ranging from hospitals to technology companies to biopharmaceutical companies increasingly employ experts in data science and analytics.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.