Certificate in Human Factors in Medical Devices and Systems
Tufts University - School of Engineering
USD 1,730 / per credit
15 Dec 2023
Earliest start date
In this certificate program, students will develop knowledge and skills to meet the increasing demand for trained professionals in the field of human factors engineering, who work on the design and evaluation of health and medical systems and technology.
Recognizing the medical error "epidemic," the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) now requires the manufacturers of Class II and III devices to apply HFE through the device development process and validate that representative users can operate them safely.
This 4-course certificate helps prepare you to:
- Make medical technology safe, effective, usable, and satisfying for clinicians and patients.
- Improve the quality of healthcare.
- Prevent injuries and deaths due to medical error.
- 2 required courses in Medical Fundamentals and Human Factors in Medical Technology.
- 2 elective courses were chosen from various departments including mechanical engineering, psychology, computer science, occupational therapy, and more.
- Mentorship from professors at the top of their fields.
- Collaborative research that crosses disciplines.