Official Master's Degree in Psychological Therapy in Childhood and Adolescence
VIU - Universidad Internacional de Valencia
Earliest start date
* until November 27: limited places; Free file opening and up to 40% discount
The increase in the prevalence and severity of psychological disorders and problems in children and adolescents in recent years shows the need and urgency of specialized therapeutic assistance. This degree arises with the intention of responding to this need, providing psychology and psychiatry professionals with the resources and strategies necessary for professional specialization in the child-adolescent field, with special focus on the most common disorders in this group.
- Modality: Online
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Start date: October 2021
Definition of the program
The Official Master's Degree in Psychological Therapy in Childhood and Adolescence of the International University of Valencia offers you advanced practical training and excellence in evaluation and intervention , equipping you with the skills to respond to the psychological needs of children and adolescents and their families. This official online Master will prepare you to address the psychological intervention of the main child-adolescent disorders : neurodevelopmental, internalizing, habits and bad practices, behavior and disobedience, and relational and self-esteem problems.
What makes this Master unique?
- You will learn intervention strategies and therapeutic skills to address the needs of children and adolescents from the perinatal period to adolescence.
- Official online master's degree that prepares you for the intervention of the main child and adolescent disorders.
- You will develop a complete intervention plan taking into account the characteristics of the minor, the parents and their environment.
- You will design techniques for training and improving the role of parents, legal guardians and family members adjusted to the needs of each case.
- You will acquire knowledge about the ethical, deontological and legal principles to integrate them into your professional practice of child and adolescent psychology.
- You will receive exclusive additional training thanks to the masterclass of expert speakers of recognized national and international prestige, who will address clinical cases, resources and strategies for the evaluation and intervention in the child-adolescent population.
- You will have a staff specialized in the field of children and adolescents, made up of doctors and practicing professionals.
- You will have the possibility to carry out external internships and analyze clinical cases under the supervision of a psychologist specialized in the child-adolescent field.
- You can expand your skills in the area that interests you the most, being able to choose a practical and applied or research orientation .
Expert experience for your progress
The degrees of the International University of Valencia are characterized by being aligned with the labor reality of the sector and incorporating the main lines of research and innovation of this. To achieve this objective, an expert committee, made up of leading professionals in the field, participates in its design process, who thanks to their extensive experience provide experience and a unique specialized vision that allows the creation of differential study plans. Experts such as Mrs. Helena Alvarado, therapist and specialist in diagnosis at the Balearic Institute of Pediatrics, or Dr. Ana Isabel Brito, teacher and researcher at the Autonomous University of Baja California, have participated in the creation of this Master.
* Program in the process of verification to Official Master.
- Deontology, clinical practice and main evolutionary alterations in childhood and adolescence
- Perinatal psychology
- Educational strategies and parent training
- Psychological evaluation techniques in childhood and adolescence
- Detection and intervention in neurodevelopmental problems
- Intervention in behavior problems and disobedience in childhood and adolescence
- Intervention in internalizing problems in childhood and adolescence
- Intervention in relational problems, social skills and self-esteem in childhood and adolescence
- Intervention in problems of acquisition of habits and bad practices in childhood and adolescence
- Research methodology in the field of child and adolescent psychology
- External Internships
- Master's Thesis
At the International University of Valencia, educational quality is essential, we are committed to an approach that integrates all the key elements of the process: teachers, methodology, formats, and students, in a constant search for excellence, innovation, and research. All with the sole purpose of improving your capabilities and giving you the tools that the real world demands.
You will study with a unique and avant-garde online methodology, with live videoconference classes, in which you can ask the teacher and interact with him and your classmates, encouraging discussion and sharing of knowledge and experiences, and creating a dynamic of learning that combines the best of online advantages with the benefits of face-to-face classes. These classes are recorded and you can consult them from the virtual classroom at any time. In addition, you will have personalized tutoring and academic guidance service, and constant technical support, so that your experience is as simple and enriching as possible.
Scholarships and Funding
Discount By Payment Method
- Additional 10% for cash payment
- Additional 5% for payment in two installments
The Official Master's Degree in Psychological Therapy in Childhood and Adolescence is aimed at graduates or graduates in psychology and psychiatry professionals who wish to acquire advanced knowledge in the area of child and youth psychology.
The Official Master's Degree in Psychological Therapy in Childhood and Adolescence provides a differentiating and excellent training allowing the improvement of the employability and future competitiveness of students based on advanced knowledge and intervention strategies to comprehensively care for children and adolescents.
- Private cabinets
- Public and private hospitals
- Primary care units and health centers
- Child-youth special education centers
- Specific team for intervention in childhood and adolescence and psychosocial assistance units
- Centers for minors and social rehabilitation
- Educational centers and psychopedagogical services
- Family counseling and counseling teams
- Perinatal Care Unit and Child Development Services
- Associations, NGOs, foundations or non-governmental entities that offer psychological care in the child-youth sphere.
- Health promotion services and program management for children and adolescents.
- Scientific research in the child-adolescent branch